Course content is any material that is needed for learning, such as –
- Recommended reading
- Text books
- Course notes
If you are an education provider, or want to expand your business by offering courses, then a course content license can be a versatile and flexible way to do this.
You can potentially have access to hundreds of courses and eBooks written by expert training providers available in a relatively short space of time.
A content licensing agreement allows you to rebrand and sell educational material after signing a contract with the IP (intellectual property provider). So what does that actually mean?
Using ACS Distance Education as an example, and to put it simply –
- We write the courses or eBooks.
- You sign a contract to use our courses. This is legally binding and outlines the rights you would have for the use of the intellectual property. This would include images, documents, text, data, audio, video and any software.
- You will be given the right to use the content for monetary compensation.
- You rebrand them and sell them as your own courses.
This allows you to expand the courses you offer substantially. ACS DE, for example, currently offer over 700 courses and 150 plus eBooks.
Types of Licensing Agreements
There are many types of licensing agreements and they are commonly used.
Another example, outside of education, a marketing department may
- Use third party images in their marketing.
- Or blogs written by someone else.
The different licensing agreements include -
- A copyright license gives organisations the right to produce and sell material that is legally protected.
- A patent license gives organisations the right to sell, make, use and distribute a patented product.
- Trade secrets licenses allow organisations to use a company’s trademark. It will also specify how it can be used.
- Trademark licenses give an organisation permission to use a company’s trademark. So company A would be given permission to use the trademark of company B.
Why Take Out a Licensing Agreement?
The aim of taking out a content licensing agreement is to gain permission to publish and distribute intellectual property belonging to someone else. For example, you might take out a content licensing agreement with ACS DE, giving you permission to publish, sell and distribute their courses.
Content created by another organisation, such as ACS DE, can benefit your organisation in a number of ways –
- It can increase the courses you offer
- It can increase the content on your website
- It can increase the content that you have to promote on social media
All of this increases –
- The courses and educational material you offer
- The potential attention to your site
- Your potential sales
All in all, this benefits the organisation that is taking out the content licensing agreement.
Do I need a content licensing agreement to use the materials?
The simple answer is yes.
An organisation will have spend their time, effort, expertise and money creating their intellectual property. You will need permission to
- Use that intellectual property and
- To determine how the intellectual property can be used.
When you sign a content licensing agreement, it does not mean that you cannot continue to use your own content, or contact from other organisations, but you must use the content in a way specified in the content licensing agreement with each individual organisation.
Licensing agreements ensure that –
- Both parties involved know what content is covered.
- What the rights of both parties are.
- The obligations of both parties.
- How the educational materials can be used.
The agreement will also cover –
- What content is licensed to the licensee.
- What payment is required for the content.
- Any penalties for non-payment
What take out a licensing agreement with ACS DE?
If you are an education provider and want to expand the courses you are offering, then taking out a course content licence has definite advantages. Taking out a license with ACS has a wide range of benefits -
- A licensing agreement will potentially provide you with access to hundreds of courses and eBooks. As we mentioned earlier, we currently have over 700 courses and more than 150 eBooks. We are also working hard on developing new, sought after and relevant courses all of the time.
- You don’t have to decide to take on all of the courses. You might decide to specialise. For example, you might want to offer psychology and coaching courses. Or horticultural courses. You decide. It is flexible.
- These courses are all written by industry experts. All of our tutors are required to have at least five years of industry experience post finishing their university education. However, most have decades of experience in their subject area.
- Not just that though, all our course writers are also very experienced in writing and developing courses for distance learning/online learning. We know what we are doing. We are experts in our subject areas and online learning.
- A content licensing agreement allows you to rebrand and sell educational material after signing a contract with the IP (intellectual property provider).
To put it simply, this means that you potentially have access to high quality courses.
Our licensing agreement does not just offer you access to our courses, we also offer extensive support.
- Our affiliate manager has years of experience working with a wide range of organisations who want to sell our courses. From small organisations to larger ones, our affiliate manager is there to help you every step of the way to setting up a successful online educational business.
- Our writers and tutors are there to develop courses. We regularly seek feedback from organisations we are working with to find out more about the type of courses they are looking for.
- We regularly update courses to ensure that they are up to date and relevant to the modern world.
- A supportive organisation.
- Not tied down by bureaucracy and accreditation.
- A proactive organisation.
Does this sound interesting to you?
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BECOMING AN ACS PARTNER?
ACS works with partners who are like-minded and compatible.
To become an partner, you must want to:
- Increase sales in your existing business (start-ups are encouraged to talk to us)
- Grow your business into a six-figure plus annual operation
- Work within simple contract terms
- Have autonomy from our brand
- Follow our model or go your own way
- Take advantage of support or training as much or as little as you need
- Get started for an extremely affordable establishment fee
- Boost your business by diversifying your product range
- Work with a trusted and established company
If you responded "YES" to all of the above, there's opportunities now for a licence.
We have a number of different options available to meet your requirements such as:
- Full access to over 700 x one hundred hour courses (which can be combined to create qualifications such as certificates). These courses include assignments, self assessment tests and a final exam. Have a look at our Assets Page for more information
- Optional prebuilt ecommerce website loaded with our ebooks and courses which you can customise and connect to your own Stripe and/or Paypal payment gateway. Courses and ebooks are delivered automatically to customers when they make a purchase
- Access to our comprehensive world wide tutor register to find quality tutors to mark your students assignments and exams (or use your own tutors)
- Access to our entire ebook library to sell high quality educational ebooks
- Access to sell our 20 hour courses which are self guided, include self assessment test and an automated final test and branded certificate of completion (no tutors needed)
- The ability to run courses (both 100 and 20 hour) through our LMS or download the word documents for courses, assignments and sample tests to put in your own LMS
- If a full partnership is not suitable, we also off an optional 'commission' based structure where we provide you with a landing page to sell our ebooks and 20 hours courses.. we collect the payment and provide instant delivery and you receive the commission - perfect for organisations, businesses and clubs looking for an extra income stream
We welcome the opportunity to explore how our range of options can meet your educational requirements. If our offerings sound appealing to you, we invite you to contact us without hesitation to learn more about content licensing with us. Our team is eager to discuss the possibilities and answer any questions you may have. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you .