Starting their own school to sell our courses to their audience is another option for content creators and influencers looking to grow their income. By offering our online content courses to their own audience, they can build a successful business while providing valuable education and resources to their followers.
Our courses are designed to be easily customizable, allowing content creators and influencers to brand them as their own and offer them to their audience under their own school or platform.
With the option to add their own unique spin and personalize the marketing, they can create a unique and engaging learning experience for their students.
By starting their own school, content creators and influencers can create a new source of income while providing valuable education and resources to their followers. They'll also have the opportunity to build their personal brand and establish themselves as thought leaders in their industry.
If you're interested in starting your own school and selling our online courses to your audience, we'd love to discuss the opportunity with you. Our team is dedicated to helping content creators and influencers grow their income and reach, and we'd be happy to support you in your endeavors.
Grow Your Creator - Educator Income
Creator-educators are, simply put, educators who create content to educate and inform others. They may be –
- Professional or amateur gardeners sharing their knowledge on youtube .
- Psychologists sharing information on mental health and psychological theories on tiktok.
- Writers sharing writing prompts and ways to write a novel on Instagram.
- Writing their own blogs.
- Or they may be creating their own courses online.
The idea of creator-educator is a broad one. It can be someone writing an online blog once a week to share with their interested readers, to someone producing a wide range of online courses.
Let’s look at some ways to increase your income as a creator-educator –
What is the aim of your content?
- To educate
- To inform
- To entertain
- To share your opinions
Think carefully about the content you are creating and recognise what you are trying to achieve. If you want to improve your income, it is important to think what you are trying to achieve, so that you can ensure you are –
- Creating the right content
- Creating the right content for your audience
Say you want to entertain your audience with funny stories about your life as a gardener, that’s great, but will have a very different audience to a gardener who is sharing tips for the experienced gardener on how to recognise diseases in plants.
So think carefully about what you are hoping to achieve with your content. If you are intending to be a creator-educator, your focus should be on creating informative and educational materials. The occasional joke or anecdote is great and brings your content alive, but keep the focus on what you are intending to do – inform and educate.
Once you have decided on your content and aim, think who your audience is. Who are you aiming your content at?
Here is where it is useful to carry out some research.
For example, if you are writing gardening content, carry out research to find out the age groups and demographics of people who are most interested in gardening. Then find out what social media platforms and online content they are most likely to look at.
You don’t always need millions of followers or fans to make money. If you can get a loyal audience who will regularly follow or buy your content, then this is important. So aim to create loyalty. Some examples –
- Develop relationships with your audience. For example, question and answer sessions occasionally where people can ask you questions and see that you are a real person, not just someone on the screen.
- Respond to people’s comments on social media.
- Offer special offers or free products to loyal customers. For example, buy a course and get 10% off the next one.
- Start a newsletter and encourage people to subscribe.
Content-creators can make money from creating content. Ways to increase your income is actually to think how you can monetize your content further. Let’s look at some ways in which you can monetize your content further –
- Content-creators can promote other products in their content. For example, a gardener might promote a particular type of garden shears and earn from the advertiser.
- They might post google ads on their website or blog.
Sell your Content
That may sound obvious, but if you are creating great content and posting it online for free, you may not be getting the income you could. Consider selling your content. You might charge a one-off fee for a course, or a subscription fee for ongoing access to blogs and content. It really depends on the type of content you create.
Research shows that two thirds of people will spend time each month learning a new subject. This is even higher in millennials and Gen-Zs. They may –
- Look at social media
- Watch short videos
- Take a microcourse (a short course, perhaps a few minutes through to a few hours)
- Take a longer course of study
Try different ways of encouraging your audience to learn and engage with your content.
Diversification can also be important. If you have an effective range of content and a regular audience and are earning what you want to earn, then diversification may not be necessary. But if you would like to earn more, what other options are there?
- Create other products, such as create an ebook from the scripts of your online courses
- Or vice versa, create an online course from your blogs or eBooks.
There are a lot of opportunities for the content-creator to increase their income by offering more products and services, such as –
- short courses
- longer courses of study
- subscription information, such as paying to access your blogs or vlogs
- giving talks to interested parties
To increase your income, think carefully about –
- What you are trying to achieve
- What your skills are
- How you can utilise your skills to increase your income
Work with Us
Effective and well-known content creators can earn a great deal of money. There is a lot of potential in the online content-creator market. It is estimated that the online education market will be worth $190 billion by 2030, so if you are a content-educator who would like to expand your income, then another way to increase your income could be to work with us.
We were established in 1979 with just one distance learning course. Forty-four years later, we have over 700 course and more than 150 eBooks.
We offer the opportunity for individuals or businesses to rebrand and sell our courses and ebooks.
You could set up your own online school, and promote our courses and ebooks on your –
- Online content
If you are already an education provider, you could also use our courses and eBooks to expand your existing stable of education offerings.
If you would like to increase your content-creator income, then why not consider working with ACS Distance Education?
Contact us to find out more about just what we offer and how we can help you to grow and develop your content and income!